Why work at Just Eat?
Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%. Just Eat is the clear global leader in the online takeaway ordering sector – processing millions of orders across the globe, with a clear #1 position in all of these.
We have achieved this by building a growing network of tens of thousands of restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.
About the Department at Just Eat
As Marketing Director, you’ll lead a team of 10 people, with 6 directs reports: Customer Acquisition Manager, Retention Manager, Innovations Manager, Local Marketing Manager, Brand Manager, Trade Marketing Manager.
A critical role for the Italian business; the key objective of the Marketing Director is to ensure that Just Eat is first to mind when anyone thinks about ordering food online. The candidate will be a visionary marketing leader with great people management skills and an ability to execute digital performance marketing and offline brand initiatives with a focus on acquisition, retention, insights and content in a highly competitive digital marketplace.
- Develop the local marketing strategy and integrated plan to deliver increased brand awareness, brand preference and loyalty, as well as helping the growth of our restaurant partners.
- Develop and execute the right local media mix to ensure the company hits orders and customer acquisition targets.
- Drive Frequency amongst existing customer base, and continuously improve customer activation and retention.
- Develop local creative communication strategy (TV, OOH, Digital)
- Develop and execute a strong PR/e-PR and social media strategy and plan.
- Work with the Sales & Operations teams to provide the right marketing support in terms of restaurant acquisition, on-boarding and activation, as well as develop city marketing plans, and improve NPS.
- Develop local competitive benchmarks, industry best practices.
- Maintain tight budget controls and ensure strategic and budgetary goals are met in the most efficient and effective way.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure brand impacts positively on the broader marketing team’s metrics and Key Performance Indicators across both consumer and trade activity.
- Support the Country Manager for the preparation of country business reviews and reports to upper management
- Develop and lead, coach, motivate and inspire the marketing team.
- Manage external agencies to drive strong relationships and ensure ROI’s are tracked and maximized.
Required skills and experience
- CULTURE FIT – Spirited, innovative, humorous, frank, outgoing and confident, with passion, energy and drive. Will relish the challenge of doing things that have never been done before. Pragmatic, entrepreneurial, hands-on, dynamic, persuasive, flexible, transparent, results-oriented, driven and high integrity.
- BRAND EXPERIENCE - Will have strong brand-building experience, on and offline. Whilst it is not a pre-requisite, developing a brand from infancy to maturity would be highly desirable as well as ensuring consistency of message and resonance with the customer base. Previous experience of generating marketing campaigns that gain traction with bloggers, influencers, journalists and customers alike, would also be a strong plus.
- INTEGRATED MARKETING EXPERIENCE – Solid experience of delivering online and offline marketing campaigns across all channels, with the requisite ROI-driven approach. Will have deep experience in national and local campaign planning activity across a multitude of channels. Will be well versed in getting the best out of advertising agency relationships.
- MEASUREMENT – Highly analytical and data driven. Good track record in understanding how best to measure marketing performance and ROI across a variety of channels from brand awareness and sentiment to attribution and LTV models.
- CUSTOMER CENTRIC AND TRADE PARTNER EXPERIENCE FOCUSED – Must act as the voice of all customers, be passionate about their profiles, needs to engage them at all stages in their journey with Just Eat.
- LEADERSHIP AND PEOPLE MANAGEMENT – A strong leader and communicator, able to present a vision as well as take people on a journey and empower their team.
- STRATEGIC THINKING COUPLED WITH HANDS-ON EXECUTION FOCUS – Will bring strategic and ‘big picture’ thinking and be able to set a clear vision and plan whilst also being a ‘doer’ and in particular ensuring operational excellence.
How do apply?
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note you must be of a high level of proficiency in both Italian & English.
Please send CV’s in English.
Please note; to apply for this vacancy you must adhere to the points outlined in the T’s&C’s.